Welcome to Secret Recipes. As you all know, the authors you love know how to cook up some amazing romances. But, did you know that most of us also love to cook, bake and grill? Sometimes our characters even request that we make something they like just so we can share it with you, the readers. This is the place for you to find all of those recipes. So come on in and share a bite to eat with your favorite authors. Let's get cookin'!
My Now and Forever series of erotic romance novels is set at least in part in my favorite city in the world—Las Vegas. For years I spent ten days there for a veterinary conference and a mini-vacation with my mom. The last two years I have been unable to attend the conference, but will start up again in July for the RNC romance convention. I can’t wait!
Another reason this recipe and those like it appeal to me is that it’s on everyone’s list of favorite comfort foods. One of my passions is cooking and baking so I gave a few of my characters the bug as well. While they get to create dishes like this for the patrons of their restaurants, I have to settle for making it for my hubby and his family—for now. One day I hope to have my own pub where comfort foods and home brewed beer are on the menu. My hubby’s dream is to run his own microbrewery so hopefully we’ll be able to merge those two fantasies together one day.
Until then, enjoy the mac and cheese! Do yourself a favor and do NOT substitute different cheeses for what’s listed. It’s the mix of them that bring this dish to life!
Best Damn Mac and Cheese EVER!
This recipe is as close to the one they serve at the Serendipity 3 restaurant at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas. It’s the most decadent dish I’ve ever had so it fits right in with the Vegas motto: What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!
· 1 box (1 pound) of cavatappi pasta ( you know, the double elbow kind)
· 6 slices of bacon diced
· 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
· 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
· 2 cups 2% milk
· 1 teaspoon onion flakes (dried minced onions)
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon pepper
· 1/2 pound of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
· 1 cup of shredded colby-Jack cheese
· 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
· 8 slices of Kraft Deli Delux American cheese
1) Heat oven to 350 decrees. Coat a 3 quart broiler safe baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boiling
2) Cook cavatappi 8 minutes in the boiling water, then drain. Meanwhile in a medium sized sauce pan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Transfer the bacon to papertowels. Carefully pour off drippings and return two tablespoons to the pan. Add butter.
3) Whisk in flour until smooth. In a thin stream, whisk in milk. Stir in onion flakes, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, then reduce heat and simmer two minutes. In a large bowl, toss together the cheddar, Colby-Jack and mozzarella.
4) Remove milk mixture from heat, whisk in the American cheese and 1 1/4 cups of the cheddar mixture. Toss the bacon pieces in wit the remaining shredded cheese mixture.
5) In pasta pot, combine cooked pasta and the cheese sauce. Pour half into the prepared dish. Sprinkle with a generous coup of the bacon-cheese mixture and repeat the layering.
6) Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes Increase the oven temperature to broil and broil for 3 minutes, until top is lightly browned. Cool slightly before serving.
~Tammy Dennings Maggy (aka The Vixen)
Wow! If I were a gambling kind of girl, I'd have to say she's right. This has to be the BEST Damn Mac and Cheese Ever! Can't wait to try it this week! Thanks so much for stopping by and for sharing it with us. Huge congrats on your new publishing house Sassy Vixen Publishing!! We wish you TONS of success and bestsellers!!
Readers: As always, please stop by anytime and let us know what you think about any of the recipes and books featured here at Madison's Place.
Have a great Monday :)