MadisonSevier

Come Back to Me

Come Back to Me - Julia Rachel Barrett This is an amazing book!! I knew it would be as soon as I read the blurb on the back of the book.

Julia Rachel Barrett has created and brought to life a phenomenal cast of characters in this emotional read. I even liked the villain Micah. But I do believe that was the point for his part in this story.

Cara's life has been one bad thing after another. Abusive men, a mother who doesn't seem to love her, no real friends. I instantly loved her and HAD to follow her every move. I could hear myself asking, "Will she be okay?" so many times. "Will she ever find happiness?" "Will someone please just hold this girl and love her?" I wanted to reach into the book and hug her!

I wanted to pummel everyone who has hurt her. Shake her father for making her stay quiet about the neighbor. Smack her mother for being so self absorbed. Scream at her father and mother for having her thrown into a mental ward. And the list goes on and on. I felt so maternal towards her. This book was such an emotional roller coaster and I loved every minute of it!

This was my very first chance to read any of Julia's work. I am now officially addicted and I look forward to reading the rest of her books!

Thank you Julia, this is a story I will never forget. And in the end, that's what matters. Finding something that makes you feel something to your very core and holding onto it forever.