MadisonSevier

Blessed Homecoming

Blessed Homecoming - Lorraine Nelson Blessed Homecoming by Lorraine Nelson is the ‘first’ of a few great things. Released July 13, 2012 by Breathless Press, this book is the first inspirational romantic suspense by Lorraine Nelson. It is also the first release in the new line ‘Blessings’ by Breathless Press. Blessed Homecoming also happens to be the very first inspirational based romantic suspense book I have ever had the pleasure of reading and reviewing. I am, as always, ecstatic to read and review another phenomenal book by Lorraine.

Honestly, I could go on forever, shouting accolades and praise for Lorrain’s talents! Every time I pick up one of her stories, I know without even reading the blurb…the book will be wonderful. She has the ability to weave tales that make you fall in love with her characters and her writing. Her stories are like that cozy nook you curl up in to read and relax, made for you and always warm and welcoming. I’ve often found myself thinking I’d been reading the words of a friend, telling me stories of her family and herself. Realistic tidbits, almost as if they are part of her history with a twist here and there. I always enjoy virtually travelling to Canada with Lorraine. Who could ask for a better companion?

Yes, this story of Wendy Danforth and Jake Roberts touches on and mentions God and faith. Both of which seem to be in short supply around the world as of late. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not an expert on religion or God and I am not the first person anyone would ask about either of those subjects. But, I do have my own views on faith and what it means to me. That should count for something, right? For now, let me tell you about this wonderful book.

Blessed Homecoming is a clean, sweet, non-violent, wholesome story that as Lorraine Nelson says; “This is a book that mothers can share with their daughters and women can share with family and friends without worrying about content.” I agree. Lorraine has combined a heartfelt story with just enough romantic suspense to keep even the ‘anti-faith/religion’ readers interested and loving it. Honestly, it was different from what I normally read and it was a welcome, refreshing change. This book gave a sometimes pessimist like me, a few moments of pause and reflection on my own outlook. Isn’t that what a great book should do?

I LOVED these new characters Lorraine introduced us to. Their inner and outer turmoil were realistic and believable. Immediately, I was hooked into the drama of this family. Their individuality and their voices were strong and made this normally smut-loving reader feel completely welcome in the Danforth story. The Danforth’s love for their daughter was inspirational and even made me a bit jealous. Who doesn’t want to have parents that love them unconditionally and always welcome them with open arms? Wendy’s family was picture-perfect. Jake Roberts was a man any woman would dream of falling in love with and his inner demons make him completely irresistible (in my opinion). The villain of this story resembled the many real-life, everyday villains many women have had the unfortunate opportunity to have cross their path. I’d love to hear more from all of them. The plot, characters, editing were all beautifully executed. All in all, it was a ‘blessing’ for me to read this book. Stories like this make my job a lot easier.

Let’s talk about what I feel is the main idea of this story: Faith
**Faith is defined by the Merriam-Webster dictionary as follows;
1. a.): An allegiance to a duty or person.
b.) (1): fidelity to one’s promises (2.): sincerity of intentions
2. a.) (1): belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2.): belief in
the traditional doctrines of religion
b.) (1): firm belief in something for which there is no proof
(2): complete trust
3.:something that is believed especially with strong conviction

For everyone, faith means something different. It’s an individual opinion, belief and way of life. Some people only believe in the things they can see. Others believe with their whole hearts in the unseen. There are those who have no faith in anything or anyone. There is no right or wrong when it comes to faith, you simply have it or you don’t.

Blessed Homecoming pointed to faith in God quite often and everyone will notice that. But what I found to be the most inspirational were the inferences to the characters having faith in themselves. When these characters realized they could trust not only each other, but also themselves, they were able to embrace life with hearts full of happiness. Shouldn’t we all have that feeling? Honestly, I believe we all should trust ourselves and have faith in our own worthiness and abilities. Once you have that, it makes the rest a lot easier. You’re able to find all of the wonderful things in life whether they are sent by God (if you believe) or simply because you deserve them. To me, having faith in general is one of the most amazing gifts you can give yourself and the world.

If you need an uplifting, amazingly ‘real’ story with no fluff to brighten your day and inspire you…Blessed Homecoming is a must read for you.